- Attending the 40th birthday party for Jimmy'z nightclub in Monaco, 4 June. Well, it is at a nightclub, I guess?
- Monte Carlo TV Festival, 9 June. Glad to see Albert took
myeveryone's advice on resolving the awkwardness here.
- World Cup opening ceremony and South Africa vs. Mexico match, 11 June. I missed a royal in my trend watch, didn't I? Despite the national scarf spirit for Charlene's home team, the game was a draw.
- Inauguration of Ikhaya Lemidlalo humanitarian sports and recreation project, 12 June. Looks like some kind of dress or long top over leggings and knee high boots, maybe?
- Pre-wedding concert and dinner, 18 June.
- Crown Princess Victoria's wedding, 19 June.
- Engagement portraits, 23 June, a) on the runway and b) in portrait. Have to say I'm shocked she didn't go for an Armani number; Giorgio's been her regular sartorial boyfriend for some time now. Nice posing on the portrait there - this is a number that looks better from the back and side views.
- Attending a synchronized swimming event in Monaco, 30 June. Sleek and simple, though I can't help but think it would have been more at home at a proper cocktail hour rather than in a stadium. The real question, though - Charlene doesn't seem to have worn her whopper of an engagement ring. She looks like she's sporting a smaller diamond instead. Did she get two rings?
Best and Worst of the Month
The beige Armani may have been a near duplicate of the dress she wore the night before, but it's gorgeous nonetheless. It was a very appropriate choice for a not-yet-engaged girlfriend of a sovereign. Not appropriate, on the other hand, was that tropical number. The dress and the hair should have stayed at the beach.
Photos: PurePeople/Abaca/Michelly Rall/WireImage/Stella Pictures/Belga/Marcio Madeira/PPE/Palais Princier-Monaco/Getty Images