repeat 27 years later to win her a place on my list of the Top 10 Worst Dressed Royal Wedding Guests. Princess Margaret appears to have some sort of one-shouldered cape in place, which must have been nothing but pure fun to wear. The Queen's in blue, but the real story of course is the magnificent and ultra-sparkly Williamson brooch on her shoulder. (Drool.)
Continuing the drooling, the best of the royals for the day simply must be the Queen Mother, and not just because of that hunk of diamonds on her shoulder.
Plenty of other royals were in attendance for the big day. Anybody up for a rousing game of Pin the Tail on the HRH?
Sadly, not that many good photos of the foreign royals are still around today (if they even existed in the first place). Most royal families were in attendance with the biggest exception being Spain, who objected to Charles and Diana boarding the royal yacht at Gibraltar for their honeymoon.
- Queen Fabiola of the Belgians, awfully elegant in her print.
- Crown Princess Sonja of Norway (now Queen), overdosing on her print.
- Queen Silvia of Sweden, sticking out of the crowd in lime green.
- Queen Margrethe of Denmark, completely tasteful in baby blue.
- Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, partially in hiding but looking terribly typical.
- Grand Duchess Joséphine Charlotte of Luxembourg, another elegant lady in blue.
- Princess Grace of Monaco, rather chic in her giant hat.
- Princess Georgina of Liechtenstein, utterly appropriate for an English floral wedding.