Last week, we covered the state visit to the United Arab Emirates from Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander, and Princess Máxima. They next headed to Oman for the rescheduled state visit that was cancelled in the wake of protests last year.
- The arrival and welcome in Oman, 10 January, in a red repeated ruff.
- State banquet, 10 January, repeating an old Prinsjesdag dress. Keep on reading for tiara dish.
- Second day in Oman, visiting Port Sohar, 11 January. Ah! Big hat, just like I like it. Can't say I understand the need for green accessories, but I'll get over it on the basis of the fabulousness of that hat.
- Still on the second day, 11 January.
- Final day in Oman, visiting a mosque, 12 January. I respect that it must be hard to find a sartorial solution for visiting a place like this; I'm just not sure throwing a long sleeve black tee under whatever is the way to go.
Photos: Dutch Photo Press/PPE/Nieboer/Purepeople/Abaca