(The blog returns on Wednesday!)
There are some pretty big tiaras in your ultimate tiara collection so far. Obviously! I mean, these are ultimate tiaras. But we need some size variety, right? So here we go:
Pick your favorite small tiara!
Hard to define "small" in precise terms. Sometimes a tiara only looks small because of the hairdo of its current wearer. But unless one of you wants to dash out and collect these, line 'em up nice and orderly, and let us review, we'll just have to deal (and deal we will, since we don't want you in jail).
So we have tiaras that are genuinely small (an aigrette, for example) and tiaras that are small in one way and no others (such as the Rose Cut Diamond Bandeau - short, but otherwise enormous). The decision is yours, and as always you needn't feel bound by what I choose to display below.
3. A diamond bandeau that belonged to Queen Mary
8. The Turquoise Daisy Bandeau
1. Crown Princess Victoria's 18th Birthday Tiara
6. The Swedish Diamond Bandeau
9. The Dutch Ears of Wheat Tiara
3. The Sapphire Bracelet Bandeau
4. The Small Luxembourg Floral Tiara
7. The Citrine/Topaz and Pearl Tiara
8. The Art Deco Aquamarine Bandeau
9. The Van Cleef and Arpels Emerald Necklace Tiara
2. The Vifte Tiara (close up shows necklace format)
9. The Braganza Bandeau Tiara
10. The Niarchos Rubies
And many more.
Ready to vote for your favorite?
-Vote for one tiara in the comments. (If you're mentioning multiple tiaras in your comment, indicate which one gets your vote, or I will just count the first applicable one. One comment vote per person, please.)
-I will also count the number of "likes" or up arrows on those comments, so you can vote that way too.
-Non-royal tiaras and tiaras that no longer exist are fair game too.
UPDATE: Thanks for your contributions, voting is now closed! The blog returns on Wednesday.
Photos: Getty Images/Royal Collection/AOP/ANP/Corbis/Life