All times below are local. Here's a timezone converter.
- Wednesday, June 18th, 6:00 P.M.: King Juan Carlos signs the bill of abdication.
- Thursday, June 19th:
- 9:30 A.M.: King Juan Carlos bestows the sash of Captain General on his son, now Felipe VI.
- 10:00: The new King and Queen and their two daughters, the Princess of Asturias and Infanta Sofia, depart from the palace.
- 10:30: They arrive at the Congress. After military honors, the Proclamation begins. The ceremony is followed by a speech from King Felipe and then a military parade. Queen Sofia, Infanta Elena, Infanta Pilar, and Infanta Margarita will be present; King Juan Carlos will stay away so as not to detract attention from the new king. Infanta Cristina won't be there either.
- 11:30: The royal family departs, returning to the palace where they will appear on the balcony and later hold a reception.