This is an open post, which means it's a space to chat for anyone who wants to watch the events of Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday celebrations live, or who is itching to discuss before my posts go up. This post will be the open post for both days of events.
Below is the official schedule, which I also included on Sunday's post. Some small time changes have been made, but the biggest change is that Prince Henrik is out with the flu, and unfortunately won't be able to participate in the festivities.
TV2 and DR1 are broadcasting events. Please share tips to watch in the comments too!
LIVE LINK FOR DR1: https://www.dr.dk/tv/live/dr1#!/
These are local Copenhagen times:
- Wednesday, 15 April
- Dinner at Christiansborg Palace, 20.00, for officials of Denmark (including visiting royal guests). Guests are expected to start arriving around 19.00.
- Thursday, 16 April (Her actual birthday, in case you've lost track in the midst of this party extravaganza.)
- Morning wake-up at Fredensborg Palace, 8.30.
- Queen and royal family appear on balconies at Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg, 12.00.
- Coach ride from Amalienborg to Copenhagen’s City Hall, 12.20. Frederik and Mary will ride along in Henrik's place.
- Official reception at Copenhagen’s City Hall, 13.00, for official Danish representatives, visiting royal guests, and the royal family. The Queen will appear on the balcony afterwards, at 14.00.
- Dinner at Fredensborg Palace, 20.00.