--Vanity Fair has published its annual International Best Dressed List, and for once, I agree with the royal picks. (Well...mostly.) A few members of interest to us:
- Charlotte Casiraghi. This is deserved, I think, because for someone often dressed by her sponsor (Gucci) or her family friend (Karl Lagerfeld), she still manages to make her own style mark.
- The Countess of Wessex earns a spot, a well-deserved recognition for someone who has been steadily improving her style for several years now.
- Queen Letizia, who is putting her own stamp on queenly style like no one else.
- Prince Harry and Prince Carl Philip hit the list for the men. Dashing fellows indeed, but I'm not sure that has that much to do with fashion.
- Beatrice Borromeo and Pierre Casiraghi are on the couples list, which: YES. I point you to the recent wedding fashion extravaganza should you have any doubts.
- Sheikha Mozah is appointed to the Hall of Fame, and I'm simply in disbelief that it took this long for her to make it there. She'd be my #1 appointee. (Others already in the Hall of Fame that you might be wondering about include the Duchess of Cambridge, the Prince of Wales, Crown Prince Pavlos, Princess Marie-Chantal, and more.)
Did your favorite international tastemaker make the 2015 #IBDL? http://t.co/wxtksrKuN5 pic.twitter.com/CR8FCmBwJ6— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) August 6, 2015
--In other news, Luxembourg's grand ducal family joined in on the summer family photo extravaganza. The court issued a series of pictures of the family frolicking at their summer home on the French Riviera, and Princess Amalia's wee ponytail is KILLING me. [Luxarazzi]
--Princess Astrid of Belgium and her family also posed for some snaps while on their holiday in Italy. [ParisMatch]
--Princess Anne's branch of the family and the Wessex family joined up for some fun at the Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe Park. [PurePeople]
Mia Tindall, future Best Dressed List nominee
--And finally, over at the Vault, we covered one of the most impressive necklaces in the British collection, and it is a WHOPPER in every single sense. We're also talking about the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II in depth. [Jewel Vault]
Coming up this week: Checking in with your favorite Spanish royals, plus what Crown Princess Mary's been up to.
Photos: via Twitter and Getty Images