24 September 2015

Royal Hats of the Day: September 24

No Tiara Thursday today! Alas! But let's look at some other sorts of queenly head decoration, shall we?

Princess Beatrix and Queen Sonja jointly opened the Munch : Van Gogh exhibition at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam yesterday.
I'm all for exhibits that bring royals together on the regular (you may remember, these two teamed up to open the show in Norway earlier this year). I'm also all for the wee bows on Queen Princess Beatrix's shoes and and color coordination, intentional or not. I'm pretty much all for everything here...though I am a little concerned that a footstool in the palace back in Oslo is feeling naked without its upholstered top.

Video: Princess Anita and Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau were also present for the opening


Queen Máxima opened the new visitor center of the Netherlands Bank on Tuesday.
I often find that Máx's daytime accessories are a little overdone, but here's a case when I think she got it just right - the long necklace adds some interest without taking over her repeated blue dress. Of course, she then added a purse with an enormous horse tail tassel on it, but I'm quitting while I'm ahead and calling this some A+ queening.

Photos: via Getty Images