Crown Princess Mary managed to turn up the volume for her mother-in-law's 75th birthday celebrations while also reusing pieces from the past, a balance that left the spotlight on the birthday girl but still gave me my pick for Mary's Best of 2015:
Attending a gala performance for Queen Margrethe's birthday in AprilTwo reasons I love this:
- The Crown Princess has sent multiple outfits back to the tailor for a little sartorial renovation over the years, and this is a showcase of how great that strategy can be. On its third redo, I have finally fallen for this midnight velvet Prada dress.
- That necklace! Need I say more? This event was its first appearance, and we're still waiting to learn more. Perhaps 2016 will send us some answers.
My list of honorable mentions features more repeats:
- The birthday celebrations struck again when she repeated an Oscar de la Renta coat dress and added a Jane Taylor hat for a chic navy and gray color combo.
- And they struck again when she paired a wonderful Birgit Hallstein gown (itself a veteran of my year-end best lists) with her ruby parure.
- She also brought back one of my all-time favorite court dress ensembles during 2015's New Year's Court events.
- In the new category, her Burberry silk dress wasn't a favorite for many of you, but I love it enough for us all.
Your turn: What are you picking for Crown Princess Mary's Best of 2015?
Photos: via Getty Images, DR