26 October 2016

Princely Outfit of the Day: October 26

I had Fashion Plates when I was a kid. You know, that toy where you mix and match portions of outfits for a creation of your own. Did you have Fashion Plates? I'd like to play Fashion Plates with Princess Charlene's whole look here.

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended the Princess Grace Awards on Monday in New York City.
Give me the skirt, which is lovely and flowy. Give me the hair, because you need that edge in the hairstyle to cut through some of the whimsy of the floral motifs scattered on the skirt. (Obviously also give me the earrings, but that should go without saying.)

And then give me something else entirely to replace the bodice and waist, which is just kind of there and is trying to trick me into believing that she felt a matching brooch was somehow needed. (It wasn't.)

Dress is by Christian Dior; the skirt motifs were presented differently on the Spring 2017 RTW runway. Christian Dior Couture is a sponsor of the Princess Grace Awards.
Vogue
Fashion Plates, yes. That's what we need.