18 November 2016

Royal Outfit Grab Bag of the Day: November 18

Yesterday was a busy day on the royal parade. Let's review:

King Felipe, Queen Letizia, the Princess of Asturias, and Infanta Sofia were present for the opening of the legislature.
House of HM the King
Queen Letizia's bringing this Felipe Varela dress back from her husband's first National Day as king, back in 2014. I feel obliged to remind you that:
This is the dress that makes me spend most of my time wondering if they ran out of the front fabric.

The Countess of Wessex visited opened Portesbery School.
Thing I love #1: a great blue coat. Thing I love #2: a cropped trouser with heels. #1 + #2 = SOLD. (And that's the only kind of math equation you'll get out of me.)

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene handed out parcels to refugees at the Red Cross.
It's hard to tell what's dress and what's coat, which is not a problem except that some of the side views do look a bit like she rolled up in her hospital gown. I'll give her this, though: winter white with a red lip is a striking look, and she is rocking it.