23 November 2016

Royal Outfit of the Day (and a Programming Note): November 23

Hey, did you like that red cocktail dress the Duchess of Cambridge wore in Canada this year? I hope so, because...

The Duchess of Cambridge attended the Place2Be Awards last night.
...she bought two! This takes buying in multiples to a whole 'nother level. It honestly just makes me glad that the other color option was red and not, like, beige. It remains a swishy and superb dress, in any color.
Finella pleated stretch-crepe midi dress from Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, worn with a crystal-embellished belt
Net-a-porter

Anyway, what I'm really interested in here are the earrings. (Because of course I am.) These diamond pendant earrings are on loan from the Queen. I wrote a bit about them at the Vault a few years ago; they were worn by the Queen to the State Opening of Parliament in 2012 and for Garter Day in 2013, but no provenance is known.
That's three pairs of loaner earrings debuted just since September, and a growing collection of loaned pieces overall (I'm somewhat keeping track at this page, though my list isn't yet complete). Niiiiiice. I am obviously delighted to see the continued opening of the vault. I am also restraining myself - admirably, ahem - from sending a wish list for the continued opening of the vault to Her Maj's attention.



Programming Note: It's a holiday in my corner of the world, and it's a holiday for the blog, too. We'll be back on Monday. Happy Thanksgiving!