22 February 2017

Royal Outfits of the Day: February 22

We don't always check in with the second day of a state visit - because, let's be honest, once the tiaras are done, so is my attention span - but in the case of Sweden/Canada Day 2, I have some Thoughts.

Princess Sofia attended the lunch on Day 2 of the state visit.
And those Thoughts are, in their entirety: NOOOOOOOOOO. The stripes and pleats might want to be a sporty tennis thing; the collar and lace are leaning down the Victorian widow path; that print wishes it was jazzy enough to be a Fresh Prince throwback. This dress just doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.
Philosophy Di Lorenzo Serafini Printed Twill And Lace Dress, h/t to Laura

The day's neck bow trend wasn't nearly over.
Princess Sofia attended the dinner on Day 2 of the state visit.
Kungahuset.se
I want to like this dress. I feel like I should be able to tap into the undying love I have for any sort of Elie Saab-ish embellished garment (right?!) - this version done by Ida Sjöstedt - I'm just not quite getting there.
Dress by Ida Sjöstedt
Ah, well. We'll always have the amethysts.